For 100 years the Iron Mountain/Kingsford Women’s Club (GFWC) has enriched and enhanced our community by providing scholarships, sponsoring education projects, beautifying our towns, building infrastructure, nurturing the arts, spearheading safety projects, fighting crime, supporting our country and developing women leaders.
We have accomplished this work while making lifelong friendships, having fun, and educating ourselves as well. All of our work is voluntary.
Our club is affiliated with the General Federation of Women’s Clubs. We have nine monthly luncheon meetings at which we provide entertaining, informative programs.
A condensed history of our club is available here. Once you become a member, you will receive our membership book, which contains a list of departments and standing committees, meeting dates, menus, programs, and a roster of current members with their contact information.
Other benefits of joining this club are listed below:
- We meet on the 1st Friday of the month from September through June at 12:00 noon. There is no meeting in January.
- Dues are reasonable at $35.00 per year.
- At every meeting you will be able to listen to a wonderful program and eat a fabulous gourmet lunch that costs $15.00 (tax and tip included).
- You will meet new people and socialize with other ladies.
- There are community volunteer opportunities and many special opportunities to attend district, state and national conventions.
- You will also receive a great newsletter giving the latest details of our club’s activities.
You may wish to become a member and volunteer for projects to help improve our community – or just attend our luncheons, socialize with other community-minded women, and enjoy our meetings. We always encourage and welcome guests!